There is something about fashion industry right now, that is pushing the boundaries and gives you more sartorial freedom than ever. From the all time favourite oversized coat to velvet everything, I decided to list 5 winter must haves that are stuck in my head and are currently making their way onto my wardrobe. While some of them are absolutely essential, others are for the ones that love to make a statement on the streets. Be you one or another, I bet it will be hard to resist either of those.
1. Oversized Coat. Because in winter, the most important aspect of your wardrobe is outerwear and there is nothing chicer than an oversized coat to keep you warm. If your wardrobe is still lacking a standout heavy coat, it should definitely be the object of all your next shopping missions.
2. Chunky knit. A not-so-basic sweater is definitely something you will want to invest in this winter. Just as perfect to wear with your high-waisted jeans as it is with a slip dress underneath.
3. Statement Ankle Boots. Add a rebellious edge to any of your looks with a sumptuous pair of boots. Probably one of my favourite fashion trends of this season, comes in every form you can imagine. From floral embroidered to velvet, this is a chic way to be remembered.
4. Checks. Coming in the form of unexpected cuts and silhouettes, checked print is having a huge moment right now. And me being such a big fan of everything menswear, couldn’t be more happy about it.
5. Velvet. The fabric of the season can be spotted now on absolutely everything. From shoes to furniture, I want it in any form.
Ph. source: Pinterest, Tumblr